Saturday, November 8, 2014

Make Every Thrift Trip Worth It!

I often hear or read stories about there not being any merchandise in any of the stores.  Now I am not saying that that isn't true but I do strongly disagree.  I have found that the more I open myself up to learning more about labels, trends and fashions then I am going to have a bigger expectation when sourcing.  I often hear and read about people not knowing what clothing items to buy for resale.  Well I certainly don't know everything about brands and labels but I am not limited to researching and finding things out.  I read and follow different blogs, pintrest, facebook, instagram and so forth of like minded individuals.  Here I have come to learn so much about fashion, hot trends and vintage swag!

The other day I was reading a blog and they talked about  fur vest and their popularity.  Well had they not mentioned it, I probably would have bypassed this in the Thrift Store.  Thanks to +Too Cheap Blondes  because I sourced my first rabbit fur reversible vest today!

Vintage Rabbit Fur Reversible Vest

So thanks again to those ladies for their informative blog.
Next was an item that caught my eye and I quickly did some research and realized that this needed to go home with me
I soured for $3  

 Beautiful Wenjilli Metallic Knit Sweater Maxi Dress 1970s I paid $1.80
and last but not least I sourced this beauty



Bergdorf Goodman Neiman Marcus Sequin Beaded Jacket Vintage
Retails $549 and I paid $4

I also sourced a Ralph Lauren Purple puffer jacket that needs some extra cleaning and Emmanuel Ungaro silk wrap skirt!

Update~
Finally got around to getting the photos done for that Betsey Johnson that I sourced a few weeks ago and also a Vintage Croc Leather Shoulder bag, made in Italy.





Again thanks for taking the time to read my blog and Happy Thrifting!!!

Angela~




4 comments:

  1. Angela, I think this is where I am today. I am just so clueless about labels (It doesn't help that I have never really been "into" clothes!) and hope to become educated about this. Reading blogs like yours helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow blogs like Maxine's and find some really good stores that you also can follow. The information is out there. Just have to get a system that works for you so that you can continuously educate yourself. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love all of your finds-especially that knit dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and thanks for reading my blogs!

    ReplyDelete