Sunday, January 11, 2015

Men's Dress Shirts Fold & Photograph

Hello,
Hope that everyone is well.  As for myself I am doing great.  Thankful and Grateful as always.  Just wanted to share with you my folding process with men's dress shirts.  I am never overly thrilled when I have to prep these shirts for listing.  Most of the time they have to be ironed rather than being steamed. 

**Please excuse the color in the pictures my lighting was way off today**



 I button the shirt from top to bottom, then I lay it on a flat surface I lay the garment face down.




I use a flat rate or priority mail envelope as a folding guide.  Most retailers have boards almost the same length to help guide in the folding process.  Try centering as much as possible.

 
 
 
Fold one side over.
 
 
 
 
Fold the other side.
 
 
 
 
At the bottom do about 1/4 of a fold.
 
Then do a 1/2 fold.
 
 
 
Remove the guide.
 
 
 
If you choose remove a partial of one sleeve so that only this amount is remaining.

 
 
 
The sleeve exposed, ready for picture taking.
 
No sleeve exposed ready for picture taking.

Here are a few more shirts that I have done.
 


**This one is off but it will suffice**
 
I hope that this was helpful and informative. 
 
All of the shirts were thrifted
Shirt #1 Hugo Boss $1.87
Shirt #2 Hugo Boss $1.87
Shirt # 3 Bugatchi $2.95
Shirt #4 Como $1.00
 
As always thanks for reading and Happy Thrifting~
 
Angela~
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. That looks so nice Angela. I just hang them either on a hanger or the back of a women's form (I don't have a men's). This looks very professional and beautiful...but I wonder if it makes a difference in sales..seems like a lot of extra work.

    ReplyDelete